You may benefit from activating your chakras if you’re feeling run down, exhausted, or like you could use more flow of energy and vitality in your life. Chakras are energy centers in the human body that can be activated to improve your overall health and well-being.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to activate chakras and some of the benefits of doing so. Stay tuned for more tips on living healthier, happier lives!
What are Chakras?
Chakras are the spinning wheels of energy in and around our physical bodies. They are important in Eastern philosophies because they are vital energy centers in our bodies. There are seven main chakras aligned with the spinal cord, starting at the base and moving up to the crown of the head.
Each chakra is associated with a different color and level of vibration. For example, the root chakra, located at the base of the spine, is connected to our survival instincts and is represented by the color red. In contrast, the crown chakra, the seventh chakra, is associated with our connection to the divine and is represented by the color violet.
Chakras play an important role in our overall health and well-being. We feel energized, connected, and whole when they are balanced and spinning correctly in a circular motion. When they become blocked or out of alignment, we may experience physical, mental, or emotional imbalances.
There are many ways to keep your chakras in balance, including meditation, yoga, aromatherapy, and crystal healing. Taking care of your chakras allows you to live a more joyful and peaceful life.
The Seven Chakras
The seven chakras are the energy centers of the human body. Each one is located at a different point along the spinal cord and has unique properties and functions.
The root chakra is located at the base of the spinal cord. It is associated with the color red and the element of earth and is responsible for our sense of security and safety. This is where we feel grounded and connected to our physical bodies and the material world.
When the root chakra is in balance, we feel centered and stable, can meet our basic needs, and feel a sense of safety and security. We’re able to be present and connect with our physical bodies. We are also able to take action in the world from a place of strength and power.
When the root chakra is out of balance, we may feel anxious, disconnected, and even fearful. We may have difficulty meeting our basic needs, struggle to stay present and find it difficult to take action in the world or assert our power.
Follow the following steps to activate your root chakra.
- Find a comfortable place to sit or lie down. Make sure your spine is straight and that you’re not slouching.
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Focus on your breath and let go of any thoughts running through your mind.
- Once you’re settled, focus your attention on your root chakra.
- Imagine a ball of red light at the base of your spine. Visualize this ball of light growing brighter and brighter until it fills your entire pelvic area with red light.
- Hold this visualization for 5-10 minutes. As you do this exercise, you may feel a tingling sensation in your lower body.
- When you’re finished, take a few deep breaths and slowly open your eyes.
The sacral chakra is in the lower abdomen, just below the navel. It is responsible for creativity, sexuality, and emotional well-being. When this chakra is balanced, we feel confident and fulfilled.
When it is out of balance, we feel insecure, creatively blocked, or sexually frustrated. There are many ways to activate and balance the sacral chakra.
- Meditate while visualizing an orange ball of light spinning in the lower abdomen.
- Yoga poses focusing on the hips and lower back, such as cobra or pigeon pose.
- Use essential oils or crystals to balance. For example, rosewood oil promotes self-love, while citrine crystal boosts creativity and passion.
Solar Plexus Chakra
The solar plexus is located behind the stomach. It is often referred to as the “power center” because it is associated with personal power and will. We feel confident and empowered when the solar plexus is open and in balance. We can stand up for ourselves, speak our truth, be clear about our boundaries, and know what we want. We feel in control of our lives.
There are several ways to activate the solar plexus.
- Rub your hand over the area in a clockwise direction to increase circulation and bring fresh blood flow to the area.
- Visualize a yellow ball of light spinning in the center of your stomach to energize and brighten the solar plexus.
- Breathwork: Come into a comfortable seated position with your spine straight. Place your hands on your stomach, just below the navel. As you inhale, visualize a yellow ball of light expanding in your stomach. As you exhale, visualize the ball of light contracting. Repeat this several times, allowing yourself to sink deeper into the experience with each breath.
Working with the solar plexus can help you to feel more confident and empowered in your life. It is a great way to connect with your power and begin moving forward on your path with purpose and intention.
The heart chakra is the central chakra and is associated with love, compassion, and forgiveness. It is linked to the element of air and controls the flow of divine energy to other chakra centers.
There are many ways to activate your heart chakra.
- Meditation: Sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Envision a green light in the center of your chest. Breathe deeply and let the light fill your entire body. Imagine the light expanding outward. Once you feel the light fill your entire being, focus on filling your heart with love. Fill it with compassion, kindness, and understanding.
- Yoga: Poses to try include camel pose, fish pose, and bridge pose.
- Use essential oils like coconut oil, chakra stones, or crystals that correspond with the heart chakra, such as rose quartz or green jade.
By focusing on your heart chakra, you can bring more balance and harmony into your life.
The throat chakra is the fifth chakra and is associated with the color blue. It is located in the center of the throat and governs the throat, mouth, nose, and ears. It is responsible for communication, expression, and truth.
When the throat chakra is balanced, we can communicate our needs and wants clearly and effectively, express ourselves freely and truthfully, have good control over our words and actions, and be good listeners.
When it is unbalanced, we may experience problems with communication, such as stuttering, stammering, or feeling tongue-tied. We may also have a hard time expressing ourselves or speaking our truth.
We may find ourselves being overly critical or judgmental of others. Physical imbalances in the throat chakra may manifest as thyroid problems, sore throat, neck pain, or jaw pain.
Try some of the following activities to activate the throat chakra:
- Play a musical instrument
- Speak your truth
- Make art
- Wear blue clothing or jewelry
Third Eye Chakra
According to yogic tradition, the third eye chakra (brow chakra) is located between the eyebrows and is associated with the element of light. This chakra governs our ability to see clearly, both physically and intuitively.
When balanced, we have a keen insight, wisdom, and a solid connection to our intuition. We can see the world around us with greater clarity and understanding. There are various ways to activate this chakra.
- Focus on the area between your eyebrows and your breath.
- Practice meditation or yoga to help still the mind and open up intuition.
- Use chakra stones, crystals, or essential oils that promote balance.
When you have activated your third eye chakra, you may notice a change in your perception of the world. Things that were once hidden become clear, and you find yourself more attuned to your intuition and inner guidance.
The crown chakra is the seventh chakra, located at the top of the head. It is associated with the color violet and the element of ether. The seventh chakra is the gateway to higher consciousness and spiritual connection.
It is associated with wisdom, understanding, and connection to the divine. When the seventh chakra is balanced, we feel connected to our higher purpose and can tap into our innate wisdom. We feel a sense of peace and unity with all that is.
When the seventh chakra is out of balance, we may feel disconnected from our higher purpose, lost, confused, or stressed. We may also experience problems with mental clarity or concentration.
Balancing this chakra can help us to feel connected to our higher selves and find peace and clarity in our lives. One of the most important things you can do for your crown chakra is to keep it clear and free from blockages.
- Get plenty of sleep and physical exercise to help reduce stress.
- Meditate regularly, on your own, or in a group.
- Attend a yoga class or learn some other form of relaxation technique.
- Eat a healthy diet and spend time in nature.
So, what can you do to start activating your chakras and getting the most out of life? There are lots of different ways to get started in your chakra journey. Here are a few suggestions:
Start by meditating each day and doing physical exercise. This will help you connect with your inner self and begin to open up the chakras. Incorporate at least one yoga pose into your routine. Yoga is a great way to stretch and tone the body and work on opening up the chakra energy centers.
Eat healthy foods that correspond with each chakra. When you eat in alignment with the chakras, you’ll be helping to nourish them and support their activation. Think about how you can bring more color into your life.
- Angel Number 77 Doreen Virtue- Meaning and Symbolism (Updated) - March 29, 2023
- What does the 737 Angel Number Mean?- Meaning and Symbolism (Updated) - March 29, 2023
- 855 Angel Number- Meaning and Symbolism (Updated) - March 29, 2023